About Me

My photo
I am an Interior Design major with an Art History focus who is traveling to the architecturally and historically rich city of Florence (Firenze) Italy for the Fall Semester to study any and everything. This blog will document my once-in-a-lifetime opportunity

Friday, December 17, 2010

The End...or to be continued

So it's been about 2 weeks since I posted about going skiing, but things got busy because I was trying to prep and study for finals, not to mention trying to get everything else in that I wanted to city-experience wise. So it's just been super crazy here on 16 Sant'Egidio these days. In the past 2 weeks, we have visited the German Christmas Market in Piazza de Santa Croce, made our way up to Piazzale Michelangelo to watch the sunset over the city, gotten up early to take pictures of the city at sunset and even had a little Christmas extravaganza at our apartment with a group of friends we merely identify by "the Aperitivo crew."

Now I am sure that you are expecting a large, retrospective blog at this moment, and if I didn't have 30 minutes until I needed to leave to catch the bus, I would. So this is merely a short post to tell you all what my plans are for the next 24 hours; it does include writing a blog dealing and looking back at the entire semester.

Tonight, we leave the train station at 9.30 pm, because we want to make sure that we get to the airport in Rome in enough time for the first flight to have time to check in and get settled. (Plus, today in Florence we got a massive, consistent snow storm that dumped at least 6 inches...it was gorgeous, and yes I got pictures that I will post and share in the next couple of days.) Our flight leaves Rome at 11.20 am (so 5.20 am Danville time). We are on the flight with our dear GA Southern Belle Cat, and surprisingly enough Shannon, Maggie and Taylor form back home! We land in Charlotte, NC at 4.25 pm home time, and then get on the plane to Cincinnati at 5.53 pm, and finally arriving in Cincinnati at 7.20!! I AM SO EXCITED!!!

So now that you have an update, I will see you all hopefully sometime soon and be looking out for a MASSSSIIIIVVEEEE blog upload being sent out in the next couple of days!

Ciao from Italy one last time!

No comments: