About Me

My photo
I am an Interior Design major with an Art History focus who is traveling to the architecturally and historically rich city of Florence (Firenze) Italy for the Fall Semester to study any and everything. This blog will document my once-in-a-lifetime opportunity

Friday, June 25, 2010

Sweet Summer Time

So while continually preparing for my big trip this fall, I figured that I would go ahead and set up the blog that I hope will keep everyone, family and friends (and whoever else wants to read), in the loop of what I am doing in Florence. I leave in exactly 9 weeks and 3 days, and while that sounds like a long way away, thinking about all of the things that still need to be done makes it seem short.

For the last 6 months, I have been drowning in paperwork, emails, overnight shipping envelopes...the list goes on and on. The last big step in the mountain of paperwork is to obtain my student Visa. The nice thing about getting a Visa (and also a not-so-nice thing) is that I have to drive up to Indianapolis, Indiana to turn in the paperwork. But then again, an impromptu road trip with Sabrina and Olivia (which, if you don't know them, they are the other two girls that I will be studying with in the Fall). After that is all figured out and squared away, all that is left to do is to pack. While packing doesn't sound like a big deal, packing for 16 weeks is a little daunting to think about. I figure that once I get past vacation packing, I will start making a master list of everything that I think I will need...and then cut that list in half. If anything, I will buy more things there that I might need. Plus, I have to leave PLENTY of space for Christmas presents for everyone...how convenient for them!

Well, I think that is all for the evening. I've been typing during the commericals of the 2010 NBA Draft--had to watch to see all 5 of our Wildcat boys make it in the first round!! Truely makes me proud to be a Wildcat and the choice that I made to go to UK!

#1: John Wall
#5: DeMarcus Cousins
#14: Patrick Patterson
#18: Eric Bledsoe
#29: Daniel Orton

Keep checking in over the next 2 months to see how my across-the-world travel preparation is going! And believe me, the posts will be getting better as I get used to writing and not rambling on and on!

No comments: