About Me

My photo
I am an Interior Design major with an Art History focus who is traveling to the architecturally and historically rich city of Florence (Firenze) Italy for the Fall Semester to study any and everything. This blog will document my once-in-a-lifetime opportunity

Saturday, July 31, 2010

31 days and counting...

I can’t believe that in exactly one month (from this Sunday), I will be getting on a plane in Cincinnati to begin my journey to Italy. One would think that someone would start to freak out and go into a frantic state about packing 4 months worth of “stuff” to take abroad, but weirdly enough, I haven’t gotten to that state yet. While I am coming to the end of my summer babysitting and preparing to go to back to Lexington for sorority spirit week, I am somewhat starting to write out small lists (that have ended up, literally, all over my room), but haven’t really sat down to think about it. I know that I still have quite a few things that I need to go out and purchase, but I would say that’s the easiest part.

As much as one month still seems far away, I know that the days will creep up and that Sunday will come sooner than I think. I’m just glad that I FINALLY got my Visa in the mail. That was probably the most random/useless roadtrip that I needed to take. I had to fill out a packet of applications, make an appointment with a honorary consulate member (at least he was a funny man!), drive first to Northern KY and then to Indianapolis to meet him at a McDonald’s. The funny thing was, my grandfather drove me, and we got there 1.5 hours early! Thank goodness there was a Wal-Mart near by- I was able to catch up on my design magazine reading! Haha. Nevertheless, got my papers shipped off to and back from Detroit and, as far as I know, I am done with paperwork until I get into Italy!!

I’m so thankful that I have great friends who are going with me, friends who will be just a trains-ride away (Rachel!!) and a family that supports me! I am so excited to go…but really need to get into planning/purchasing/packing mode!

No comments: