So I am officially in Italy. And have been since Sunday. Internet was SUPER expensive at our hotel in Rome, so I told myself that I would just wait until we got to the apartment in Florence to update everyone. Little disclaimer: I wrote these entries everyday and will post 2-3 days worth of stuff one right after the other...so bear with me!
Pictures will be posted via Flickr and I will put up a link on here. But as I start to post on a much more frequent basis, then they will be integrated into here! Get excited!!!
August 30, 2010
Ciao Roma! We made it. After a delay in Cincinnati that left us 15 minutes before boarding our flight in Charlotte to Rome, a meal, Date Night, Ratatouille, and a half a Tylenol PM later….we made it. And let me tell ya, sitting in a car/van for 10 hours going somewhere, and flying for 10 hours is much different. (Or so it seemed to me) I happened to be in between Olivia and Sabrina, in the massive middle row of seats, which wasn’t all so bad. Although, what probably didn’t help was that I never got up from my seat the entire time! (Although, I technically got up-more like stood up-right after I sat down only to put sweatpants on over my shorts…I’m sure I looked tacky as all get!) But nevertheless, it was a pretty uneventful flight, minus a little bit of choppy turbulence, which is to be expected. What really threw me for a loop was trying to go to sleep. For many that know me, I am not a good nap taker. If I try to lay down and take a nap in the middle of the day, it might be really nice…but then, it will take me HOURS to fall asleep at night. (Which isn’t good for anyone—grumpy me comes out!) So, after dinner, I decided to watch Date Night, thinking that the sound and light coming from the screen, and the white noise of the airplane in the background would somewhat mimic the sounds that I fall asleep to at home. Nope. Didn’t work. I was WIDE AWAKE when the movie finished. (Which was only 9:00 home time) By that time, they had already turned the lights off so that those who wanted to sleep could. Fast forward to 4:30 am local time/10:30 pm home time, I knew that if I didn’t want to be COMPLETELY useless, that I would need to go to sleep. Thank goodness for a little invention called Tylenol PM. I have never taken it before, and had bought it to take on our ID Chicago trip 2 years ago. Well, let me tell you. I took half of one (I didn’t want to be completely groggy and out of it all day) and 20 minutes into Ratatouille, I was apparently out like a light. Next thing I know, the credits are rolling and I have a crick in my neck. (*Word to the wise: Tray tables are good for holding food, drinks, magazines, books, etc…but not using it as a pillow. Mind you, I had my squishy pillow and the airline pillow stacked…but it still hurt after I woke up. Good think Tylenol PM has a bit of pain reliever in it) But out of the 3 of us, it seems that I got the most sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment