About Me

My photo
I am an Interior Design major with an Art History focus who is traveling to the architecturally and historically rich city of Florence (Firenze) Italy for the Fall Semester to study any and everything. This blog will document my once-in-a-lifetime opportunity

Friday, September 17, 2010

TGIFriday!

Oh how I miss TGIFriday's, but I love Friday the day! haha. Today, we went to the beach...even though it was overcast, dreary and rainy all day. We took the TRAIN and it was about 1.5 hours long. We made more stops along the way than I thought we would, but all in all, it was a good ride. We got there and immediately walked towards the beach. Even though it was dreary, there were still some good picture opportunities. Another plus: not a lot of people were out walking down the beach, which means only scenery was in the pictures :)


So, we ended up pretty much just walking a big circle around the city and then headed back towards the train station to head home. On the way home, we were able to see the mountains MUCH better, especially since we sat up on the top of the train (there were 2 levels of seating)

So we got back and made our way to the grocery store. We were in the mood for an "American" dinner, so we planned to make cheeseburgers, mashed potatoes (was supposed to be baked potatoes, but we were super hungry), fruit salad with grapes, bananas and grapes, and of course, water. haha. Don't get me wrong, I love pasta and pizza here, but a good ole thick hamburger and mashed potatoes were just what the doctor ordered :)


Needless to say, it was TASTY! I was a member of the clean plate club! HAHA. But for the rest of the night, it is resting and packing for our trip to Verona tomorrow. We were supposed to go to Cinque Terre, but it was cancelled due to possible storms coming through, which would cause the trails to be shut down. We have to be at the train station at 9 (which means we will leave at 8.30 to get there in time) and won't be back until Sunday at 7.30 pm or so. It takes about 3-3.5 hours to get there via private coach. I will most definitely have some pictures to put up when I get back from the weekend. If you want to see pictures and can't see them on Facebook, let me know and I can send you a link to see them! Don't hesitate to ask!!

I guess that's it for now. Just watching "The Men Who Stare At Goats," waiting for my Skype dates with Michael and Mom/Dad/Ryan and then going to bed so that I can get up a little earlier to wash my fitted sheet. Goodnight all!

No comments: