Week 2 is finished.
The second week of classes is over. With classes on only Monday and Wednesdays, it feels like I really haven't even been in class. It's such a weird feeling being done Wednesday afternoon and know that I don't have class again until Monday. Oh well. I am really enjoying my classes and am so happy with my decision to come here and study and go through ISA. Even though it may be a little more on the expensive side, it is so worth it.
Let's see, since Sunday, I have visited Santa Croce, Mercato Centrale, paid lab fees, got a locker for my bag of art supplies for Florence Sketchbook, had gelato on the front "lawn" of the Pitti Palace and made plans to go to Viareggio Beach, along with preparing for our ISA excursion to Cinque Terre. The beach is a must-go place for anyone in Tuscany. It is SO pretty. We were planning on going tomorrow, but the weather seems to have switched days on us, and will be better on Friday.
Saturday and Sunday we will be going to Cinque Terre (it means 5 little towns). It is along the coastline and you can pretty much hike from town to town in a day. So we are hiking from Riomaggiore to Corniglia. Unfortunately we aren't going to be able to make it to all 5 of the towns, but I have a feeling that I will that if and when Mom comes over to visit, that we will have to go and visit all of them. I am just super excited about taking a TON of pictures...all of the pictures that I have seen make the place look SO AMAZING and picturesque. Can't wait!!
Another awesome thing-Olivia and I ate at Ganzo (the teacher/student run cultural and gastronomic association that is associated with Palazzi/FUA) and let me tell you: it was delicious. We both had fusili with basil, tomato sauce and mozzarella. The portion that we had for lunch could have easily been a dinner portion. But it was worth it for one voucher punch!
Well, I think that is all I really have for this week--wasn't too eventful. Be prepared for a massive upload of pictures and descriptions of the excursion this weekend. We finally got the wireless to work here (GO SABRINA for realizing that I couldn't tell the difference between a lower case " i " and " l "...oh well!)
Buonanotte!
No comments:
Post a Comment