Today was the first day of classes here. I know that class usually doesn't start on Labor Day, and all of my lovely UK friends are on their way back to campus from a long weekend, but it never really seemed like I was going to class on a holiday. I had a full day of classes (9-11.30, 12-2.30, 3-4.25) but I really enjoyed them. I am a little concerned about getting from my first to my second class with enough time, because with my first class (Renaissance Architecture) we spend part of the time in the class room, and the other part of the time out and about the city. There is one day where we go to the Piazzale Michelangelo (across the river) all the way back to the other side of the city (once I get back across the river.) Needless to say, it may be a hell of a walk, and I still may end up late in class. I am considering how I might figure that out...i.e. talk to either teacher about either being able to leave a couple of minutes early from Architecture or letting my Sketchbook teacher know that I am probably going to be a few minutes late to that class. Oh well, I guess we will see what happens. I do have 30 minutes and I am a fast walker; but that is a bit of a trek (I would hate to have to run there...that definitely would make me look like a tourist student!) But I really think that I am going to love my classes. Mine and Olivia's sketchbook class is going to be a really good re-introduction back into foundational drawing (which I was somewhat dreading in the beginning, but the teacher really knows what she is doing, which is going to be nice) Then our Italian class...oh, it's going to be an interesting semester. We are in a class with maybe 15 girls, our teacher is a male, who is also a musician. This means that during every class, the whole 1 hour and 25 minutes, there will be music playing in the background. The funny thing about Italians that play music in the background of things--American oldies. Straight up, while we were learning how to say "What is your name? Where are you from? Do you have any pets?" we were listening to the musical stylings of the Jackson 5. It will definitely be an interesting semester to say the least.

Tonight was our first night making a real dinner in the apartment. New adventure: gas range. Needless to say, we let Sabrina do the cooking on the range (Olivia and I were not going near gas--I have never cooked with gas before) But it was good. We found a really nice supermarket on the way back from Ganzo (the cultural association in accordance with Palazzi schools--it's ten times better than a cafeteria and beats any Ovid's and Common's! haha), so we were able to pick up everything we needed for dinner. We had fusili pasta in a sauce, bread and olive oil (we forgot to get spicespomodoro), salad and then bought some chocolate gelato that we can enjoy for more than just one time!

It was obviously good! Can't wait to keep making new things!! Tomorrow there will be a lot of shopping going on...school supply and book shopping. Then it will be time to start homework. I really am going to try and get homework done on my Tuesdays and Thursdays so that I have my weekends to do things. (plus, the weekends are usually when ISA holds 1 or 2 day excursions).
I guess I better go and write my "About Me" paragraph for Italian and finishing doing some other things on the computer! Unitl next time...
No comments:
Post a Comment