This week has been a regular week of class, but yay we got to deal with the rain. That's so annoying (especially when I don't have the highest quality umbrella--but thanks to Cat, I at least have one!) Also, I have been getting ahead on readings and collecting research for my 2 papers coming up in the next 2/3 weeks. Also, I decided to contribute a small blog (more like a paragraph, it was 100 words) and a couple of pictures to UK's Office of International Affairs to use as a larger group of blogs from students who have traveled abroad or are currently studying abroad. I thought it would be something fun. I did find out, that while writing it, that there really is SOO much to say about Florence, it's surrounding cities, and pretty much all of Italy, that it really took me a long time to figure out how to keep it short, but still capturing the essence of this wonderful place.
But the most exciting thing has been figuring out the final details for our little adventure to....SALZBURG, AUSTRIA! That's right, Salzburg. And why, you ask...because we are going on a 4 hour bus tour showing us everywhere in the city where THE SOUND OF MUSIC was filmed!! SO EXCITING! I absolutely love that movie/musical and I can't wait to take pictures, videos, sing...it's so exciting. Plus, this is the 2nd country I will have ever been in (besides America of course!), so it's a big adventure fo.sho. We leave tonight at 9.50 and are taking a train overnight. We only have to transfer once at 5.15 am and then we will get into Salzburg at about 7 am. Our tour meets outside of a church at 9.30 am and it's only about a 15 minute walk from the train station. We decided that if we were going to spend the money to get there, we might as well stay and get our money's worth. SO, we are staying overnight Friday and the majority of the day on Saturday to explore. Our hotel is very close to the train station as well, making it easy for us to find. We will leave Saturday night around 8.30 pm, and I believe we get in around 6.30 am in Florence. I have things to do on Sunday, so I am considering just turning on some tv shows on my computer and working for a couple hours, then take a nap...who knows. It all depends on how much I can nap on the train ride back. (We got couchette beds for the train ride tonight so that we can actually sleep, and then regular seats for the way back since we weren't really concerned with quality sleep)
So be on the lookout sometime on Sunday for a new blog and pictures--it will be exciting!!
So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, goodbye!! (just a little something to get inspired by!)
No comments:
Post a Comment