About Me

My photo
I am an Interior Design major with an Art History focus who is traveling to the architecturally and historically rich city of Florence (Firenze) Italy for the Fall Semester to study any and everything. This blog will document my once-in-a-lifetime opportunity

Friday, September 3, 2010

Firenze

I'm HOME! (Well, that is my home away from home in Italy!) Florence is such a cute town. They say that people refer to it more as a "big town" than a "small city" and that is so true. It's structured very similar to Rome, but everything is literally within 30 minutes walking distance, at the most. It took us about 3.5 hours to get here from Rome (via bus) the other day, so we were a little tired when we got here in town. When we got into Florence, we all got our luggage and were prepared to walk to our apartments, luggage in tow. We actually ended up being the lucky ones-the ISA girls gave us money and got us a taxi that then took us straight to our apartment. (VIP treatment, I know haha) Nevertheless, we fell in love with our apartment right away! It's on the first floor not even a block away from the Duomo (if you don't know what that is, Google it...you won't regret it!) There are two major rooms-our living room/dining room and our bedroom.





That is our living room, kitchen and our bedroom. There are 3 beds that are similar to the size of twin beds...there aren't too bad to sleep on. I guess since I sleep on twin XL at school, I'm used to it. But in both rooms, we have windows that are set up a little higher, so we have these cute little steps that lead up to them!





Our ceilings are vaulted and GORGEOUS! It's like that in all of our rooms (kitchen, living room and bedroom) I couldn't have asked for a better place to live for the semester :) It really is so cute. We don't even really have a door the separates our room and the front room-we have a big curtain.

Oh, the best part of walking around the city...we get to pass this everyday

What can I say...I think I picked the right place to send my semester! I think that is really all for today. Today was filled with ISA and FUA orientations and then an FUA Welcome Party with finger foods and lots of mingling with our new ISA friends (shout out to Cat, since she shouted us out in her blog tonight!!)

Good night to all, and be looking out for more pictures tomorrow night--we are going up to Piazzle Michelangelo (the best spot to take a picture of the entire Florence skyline) We are going up there in the morning, but I am sure that we will go back MANY times, especially at night (because that's where the money shot will be!)

Ciao bella!

1 comment:

Catberry said...

haha, love the shout out! your apartment is presh, too. i'm coming over soon!